Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Think Good Thoughts

Okay. I am fine. Breathe deep. Think positive. Nope, it ain't working. The nasty little negative thoughts keep invading my thoughts. Meditate. Ahhh-hummm. Ahhh-hummm. Crap! Still doesn't work. Look on the bright side. Shure!

Our house has been on the market for over a year now. No buyers. Oh, well, there was this one buyer way back in December but their buyers backed out so they had to back out from buying this house. A little over a month ago, we went ahead and bought another house because we were optimistic and full of faith. Now I think we were just stupid! No, not really. That is just fear talking. I know we can manage two mortgages for a short period of time. At least I thought so. Now with the price of gas on the rise even more, the hot summer causing huge electric bills and My Man having work done on the new house... I am beginning to worry. Which is ridiculous because I am not the worrying type. Not usually. Only this isn't a usually situation. It just was not suppose to take this long to sell our house!

We are scheduled for an Open House on the 13th. I wasn't going to bother getting the house 'ready' until Friday or Saturday. My Man is going out to the new house tomorrow early because the Floor Guy will be there. He was going to mow the lawn, weedwhack, etc. I am having the Little People here until mid-afternoon. The Realtor Lady calls. Someone wants to see the house between 6:00 and &:00 tomorrow night. Great. Wonderful. Okay. I can handle this. I can't say "No", that would be just plain stupid. So we'll bust our chops getting things done. It isn't like there is a lot to do, but we want it to present well. Which is actually funny because when we went to look at houses, it never bothered us whether the house was clean or not. We always look past that stuff and see the potential. The condition of this house and the one we just bought was less than perfect. Boy, is that an understatement as far as the house we're living in now goes. We have done a lot of remodeling and fixing up to get it to look as nice as it does. It still needs work but it is time for someone else to do it.

We are tired. We would like to move on (literally) to the next chapter of our life. I hope, I pray, I wish upon a star, cross my fingers, anything and everything in hopes this house will sell and sell soon. Just like in Peter Pan when TinkerBell is on the verge on dying.... Peter has everyone think good thoughts ..... won't you think good thoughts for us?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking good thoughts for you! Everything happens for reason :)

stinkypaw said...

If all fails call the show "Sell This House", maybe they could help!

I never get that when people visit houses and they get stuck on details like the wall colours or the cleanliness. Once it will be their house they can paint the colour of their choice and I hope that they'll clean it before moving in, but that's just me!

stinkypaw said...

Ooh! I forgot, I'm also sending good vibes your way too! :-)

MiMaw said...

Only Daughter: Thank you!
Chopped Liver: Thank you! Sorry, I refer to you as Other Daughter.
Stinkypaw: Thank you for the good vibes. I have never heard of "Sell This House" but maybe I should check into it...unless tonight is The Buyer!