Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Nose Knows

Last Sunday I taught I had sinus congestion. Monday I taught it was allergies. Tuesday I realized I hab a code. My nose is pugged up. I can't breed. My troat is on fire. My head is full of codden. My eyes are watery. My nose is itchy as hell. I sneeze fifee times a day and half the time I ain't quick enuf to grab a tissue so schnot goes all ober. And to top it off, when I sneeze, I swear my troat is being ripped out. Arggggggghhhhhhhh.

We were going to go on a mini-vacation today. Just take off for anywhere but here. Eat out someplace. Stay overnight. Just enjoy being together and away from it all. Too sick to enjoy it so we are holding off until tomorrow. Gawd, I hope I feel better tomorrow! Today, the Mineral King brought his Little People over for a visit. He lets me in on a secret. My cold was a gift from his Little People when they were here last Thursday. Thank you, my little darlings!

Seriously, I have managed to avoid a cold for quite awhile so I knew it was time. Trying to maintain two homes has worn me down so I was a perfect target for the germ beasts. It amazes me that there has been milestones made in the medical world but they can't come up with a cure for the common cold. Although, I don't think there is anything common about this cold. Probably 'cause it is mine.

So I will go spray my nose, down some antihistamine, lather on some Vick's Vaporub and try to sleep. And hope tomorrow is a 'clear' day!

4 comments:

stinkypaw said...

With you not being quick enough to grab a tissue and "spraying" all over, well, your cold made its way to me! Thanks a lot MiMaw!!!

I think I got "cyber-infected"... Felt it coming on last night, and today it was here full blast!

Thinking of cutting short of vacation and head home tomorrow... Let's hope I'll be up for the drive!

Take care & don't forget echinacea and vitamin C!

Red said...

Are you feeling better? Are you going away tonight? Have fun!!!

don't call me MA'AM said...

I feel ya... the allergies are kicking my butt right now. Gah.

Hope you're better soon!

MiMaw said...

Stinkpaw: I am sorry! Hope you feel better.

Red: Thank you. Still don't feel up to par. Got away for a day and a half. Might post about it.

DCMM: If allergies cause this kind of stuff... oh, I feel for you! I don't know why I thought it was allergies, cause I don't usually have problems with allergies but they say allergies can come on anytime. Whoever 'they' are???