Friday, September 01, 2006

Took a walk around the Neighborhood and surrounding blog areas. I realize it is September 1st. And a gray cool day. And Labor Day is Monday. And school starts soon. But can you really say it is FALL? According to the calendar the Autumnal Equinox doesn't begin until Saturday, September 23 at 4:03 U.T. (whatever u.t. stands for... universal time?). It's the end of summer, almost Fall but not quite yet time which has me feeling so... so... discombobulated (or discombooberated).

Have you ever had the feeling that something is going to happen? Don't know what. Don't know if it is good or bad. But something is there, waiting to happen ... to me, for me, around me. It's looming there, hovering over me. I have a million things I could be doing, should be doing, but the motivation just ain't there. The foreboding is hovering over me, playing with my mind and emotions.

Feeling oppressed, suppressed and depressed. And at the same time, feeling flighty, mighty and tighty-whitey (sorry... I needed a third rhyme and that's the best I could come up with). It's like being wrapped up in Saran Wrap and fighting to get yourself out. Not that I would know what that's like. I have a vivid imagination, so you use yours. Anyway, the feeling of frustration and helplessness while struggling to get out is replaced by the exhiliration of the fight and the venting of emotions. That's what I'm talking about. Or is it?

Could it be a form of intuition (I'll refrain from calling it 'women's intuition' because my boys have it, too)? Is it a an omen, a portent or a harbinger of something good? Something bad? Or is it just a sign of idontfeellikedoingadamnthing and thisisasgoodanexcuseasicancomeupwith?

It is probably because there are things that should be happening (selling the house and moving) and they aren't happening and I can't do a damn thing about it! Some things are just out of our hands, but I don't like it. I hate the feeling of not being in control. If something isn't going right one way, I find another way to make it right but at this moment in time... I am at a loss as how to make it right. So I guess I'll just take another walk through the Neighborhood and experience life vicariously through the eyes of others.

5 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Sometimes our gutt speaks louder than our brain... We have to learn to trust it. Animals feel storms coming, so I'd say it's safe to say that some of us couls feel other things as well. If we are open to the elements, who knows?

Anonymous said...

I'm weird - sometimes I hate not being in control, other times I hate not being taken care of.
;-)
Hope you enjoyed your walk. I'm having mine now...

MiMaw said...

Stinkypaw: I agree with you. Although when my gutt speaks loudly, it's usually cause it's hungry! Seriously, I believe in gut instinct, but I have a feeling but no instnct as to why.

tammara: Oh I like being taken care of... a lot. But when NOTHING is happening, I want to do something to MAKE it happen.

don't call me MA'AM said...

I have premonitions all the time... but thankfully, they rarely play themselves out. Because seriously? That would freak me out.

Oh, and the control thing? Yeah. Gotta have it. Gosh, now I'm feeling like some bizarro-land person. I'll just shut up now. ;-)

MiMaw said...

DCMM: I guess mine isn't playing out either. Or maybe my wires are crossed somewhere? That would explain a lot...

Monkey: No and I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Of course, my Mom always said I was so slow I couldn't catch a cold (even though I proved her wrong two weeks ago), maybe something will happen soon?