Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pity Party

Once in awhile I have a Pity Party. It is a party of two... me and a guest! No one else is invited. No one else would want to come. I wallow in the mire of my own misery. Woe is me! Ho hum... life's a bitch! Yada, yada, yada. The guest of honor at my party today was House Not Selling. It has been almost a year since we first listed the house. We have had a lot of lookers but no takers. I have been praying and praying for the house to sell. I know God always answers prays with one of three responses: (1) Yes (2) Not yet or (3) I have a better plan. Knowing and accepting are two different things. My prayers are insignificant compared to a lot of other people's prayers in this world. There are a lot more serious, life-threatening situations which need His attention, but I get selfish and self-centered at times and want my prayers answered NOW! I try hard to have the faith He will see us through this but once in awhile it just gets me down. Today it is getting me down...down...down...

Tomorrow will be a better day. I can only take so much self-pity. Life is too short to waste it on worrying about things that are out of our control. Let go and let God! Another saying I have become fond of..."Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things". Love it! Absolutely love it! My glass is half-full and I know soon it will be overflowing! See... the party's over! Life is SWEET!

No comments: