Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Monster Butterflies

I have butterflies in my stomach...Monster Butterflies! We signed the papers for the new house so there is no turning back now!

I know in my heart it is the right thing to do. We just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get this house. It is what we both want. I have faith that this house will sell in the near future. Although my faith waivers at times. Then the most amazing thing happens...My Man tells me to have faith and believe that God will see us through this. Why is this so amazing? Twenty-five years ago he wouldn't have said something like that. He wasn't against God, it was the church he was against. He had some bad experiences with the people of various churches over the years. I made it clear from the beginning that he was entitled to his opinions, but I would prefer it if he kept them to himself. Nothing he said or did was going to affect my faith in God or my beliefs. He respected my wishes most of the time.

Of course, on the other hand, I didn't keep my opinions to myself. If something good happened, I thanked God. If something didn't turn out the way we expected it to, I said God must have another plan for us. My intuitions I attributed to God speaking to me. I always told him when I was praying for someone or something. I never hid my faith or beliefs from him. It has spilled over to him. He is subtle and quiet with his faith, but it is there and he offers me support to boost my faith when I need it. Like now...with the new house...with selling this house...with making ends meet until it does sell.

I am really excited about getting started on the new house... cleaning, painting, moving stuff in... it is going to be quite an adventure!

No comments: