Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kudos to My Kids

I have 3 kids... one of each. They are my gifts from God. I consider them my greatest achievements in life.

My oldest is married to a wonderful Christian woman. They have given me two beautiful grandchildren. They are such unique, funny and precocious little people! I love them beyond words!

My son is a talented, imaginative and creative person who has been stifled in a factory environment (his words... paraphrased) for too many years. That factory closed it's doors and he is without a job BUT instead of looking at it as a devastating blow, he is accepting it as an opportunity from God to follow his dreams of writing. I am so proud of him! I am also proud of his wife for working with him so he can accomplish his life goals!

My daughter is a strong, independent, self-sufficient individual. She is a beautiful woman with a warm, funny personality and a heart of gold. I am proud to call her not only my daughter, but my friend. We share a mother/daughter bond that only mothers and their daughters can understand and relate to.

When she was 12 or 13 (I think) she decided she wanted to be an airplane pilot. She geared all her schooling towards that goal, went to college, got her pilot's license, graduated with a Bachelor's degree (omigosh... I can't believe I forgot what the degree is called!) and even though she didn't continue flying planes, she works in the field of aviation as a dispatcher for a charter plane company. She tells me about her work, but it is beyond my ability to comprehend. It is an awesome responsibility, but she handles it with the ease of a trained professional.

She has been in a relationship for over a year now with a fantastic guy! She met him on a blind date (a common bond between us... my husband and I met 25 years ago on a blind date!). I could not have asked for a better guy... even if I had hand-picked him myself! He has fulfilled his dreams this year... he graduated from the Policy Academy (with many honors!) and is now a full fledged COP!... I mean Police Officer! I just know he is her soul-mate and she is his. I am hoping that eventually they will make it a life-time committment and then give me some more grandbabies!!! (I'm sorry... I couldn't resist!)

My youngest is the reason my hair has soooooooooooo many gray hairs! He a smart kid who does some of the dumbest things! I couldn't (and wouldn't) even begin to list all his antics. His brother used to tell him, "Your proctologist called. He found your head." Unfortunately, it was true... but the important thing is that in the last six months or so, he has turned his life around. He lost his job but didn't let it get him down... he got two jobs! He is living out on his own and taking care of himself for a change. He is finally maturing and accepting responsibility. I am so proud of him. It was a long, hard struggle but I think he is going to make it!

I am a very lucky mother!

No comments: