Friday, June 16, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Not since the line "Where's the Beef?" has a commercial catch-phrase been heard so often and in so many places. "Can you hear me now?" has been heard on television, in the movies, friends, families and anyone who uses a cell phone.

Many commerical catch-phrases, slogans - whatever you want to call them - show up in everyday language but I'll bet the person who says it doesn't even know what product it represents.

I love the one where the little fairy flies around and zaps stuff but when she zaps the car she is thrown against a wall and falls to the ground. A guy walking a dog points at her and says, "Silly little fairy" and she zaps him into a yuppie. I use the line on anyone who does something really stupid. No... I do not know what product is being advertised.

My #1 Man likes the commercial where the guy meets these thugs down by the docks with his network lined up behind him. The line he likes is, "Really. You get service out here?" I can't count the number of times I hear that line come out of my man's mouth. Sometimes it is just "Really" and other times he follows the line through to the end. I think the commercial is for Verizon but not sure... although it is for a cell phone.

What commercials have tickled your funny bone? Which ones stick in your mind like velcro? Which ones do you just hate to hear/see? Past or Present?

1 comment:

Jaek said...

I love the "Silly little fairy" commercial, too. Although, I read a little beyond "Yuppie". I think she turned him into a "silly little fairy.

I hate hate hate the Lamasil or Lotrimin or whatever the heck the commercial is where the little yellow creature lifts the toenail and climbs under it. Wife and I will turn the channel or mute the tv or whatever it takes to avoid that horrible commercial.

I also like the Sony Cybershot(?) commercial where the guy has a holographic muse playing a keytar on his desk.