Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd

Through the modern marvels of digital photography and computer software... my Little People can ride their bikes in a Cow Herd. Okay! So one cow doesn't make a herd but there are a lot more than just this one cow roaming in my backyard'.

It is so wonderful to have about 100 acres for my backyard but we don't have to mow it! The cows are curious and will come up to the fence to stand there and stare. The little babies don't come up as close. The bull ... and oh, what a bull he is! ... comes up to protect his ladies.

I am certainly no expert on bulls (bullsh*t ... maybe) but he is really gorgeous! He is the Mel Gibson of bulls! His coat is as black as pitch and so glossy you can almost see your reflection. He is muscular and broad shouldered and oozes bull sensuality (like I would know what that is!) The cows and the calves don't bother me but he kind of scares me. I definitely wouldn't go into the pasture while he is there! The owners say he'll be gone by September. I guess he comes in to service the ladies and once that's done... they ship him off. They may have hired him for stud service only. If I was a man ...I mean Bull (although a lot of men think that is their job!)... that's the job I would want!

Once we move in and get to know the neighbors more, I'll find out if we can buy some meat directly from them. Black Angus... mmmm...porterhouse, T-bone, NY strip, rump roast... .... on the grill... seasoned... rare... with baked potato and a salad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are making me hungry.