Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pugnacious Pugs

Meet my kids. Top Left is AnnaBelle, born December 18, 2003. Bottom Right is Emily Louise born July 19, 2003. Obviously, they did not come from the same litter. Emmie Lou was bought over the internet and flown up here from Florida (but was actually born in Minnesota). Annie was born in a small town north of here. I wanted a Pug ever since I saw "Frank" in Men In Black. I suppose Emmie kind of looks like Frank, she certainly has his attitude! Seriously, I read that Pugs are lovable, loyal and good around kids. And I heard they are obstinate and snore loudly.

Emmie and Annie are as different as night and day. They both are lovable, loyal and good around the kids BUT Emmie is the domineering, self-centered, allaboutme brat. Annie is sweet-natured and laid-back. Annie is a chubby, soft, cuddly marshmallow. My Man says she is not overweight... she is BUFF ... but let's face it, she is a chubbette. Emmie is thin, gangly legged and muscular. Both love attention, hugs and kisses but Emmie is a hog. She doesn't want Annie getting any extra attention. She will literally attack Annie for no apparent reason (at least not to us).

Both are obstinate (which is a fancy word for stubbornashell). They are like teenagers with selective hearing. They will listen only when they are in the mood to do so. I know they know their names... but if they don't want to pay attention, they put me on complete ignore. Lately, Annie doesn't want to go outside to go potty. Not that she is going in the house... she just doesn't go. I keep telling her she will explode if she doesn't. I have to scoot her out and guard the door so she doesn't sneak back in. It is a good thing we don't have close neighbors. I would die of embarrassment. I nudge her to the grass and repeatedly say, "Go poop. Go pee-pee." She goes only a time or two during the day which I would think for a dog... that can't be good! Our old dog (15 year old Cockapoo) goes a dozen or more times a day. Okay, so she's old and like old people, they can't hold their water, but still... it gets irritating to let her out so much and yet Annie won't go out at all. Emmie, well, most times she is willing to go out but she gets hooked up to a chain 'cause she doesn't know enough to stay in the back yard and won't come when she is called.

Snoring... omigosh! Between My Man and AnnaBelle (literally...between them), the snoring is loud enough to shake the walls! Emmie doesn't snore too often. Only when she is really, really tired or has her nose smooshed down in the covers.

Just like children, they are both individuals with unique personalities and idiosyncracies. And just like kids... I may not like some of the things they do, but that doesn't mean I love them any less.

This is AnnaBelle (isn't that a beautiful face?) when she was a baby.

8 comments:

Ludicrousity said...

They are so cute!!!

Jaek said...

How could you leave out Kyra!!! She may not be cute, per se, but she is a person, too.

And Annie is fat. I know pot belly pigs that dream of having a body like hers.

stinkypaw said...

Cute kids you've got!

MiMaw said...

Ludi: Thank you. I think so, too.

Jaek: A post dedicated to Kyra has been done. Annie is NOT fat! How dare you talk about your little sister like that?

Stinkpaw: Annie looks just like her Dad, but Emmie must be the mailman's kid cuz she don't look like me... at least I hope not!

Anonymous said...

They are obnoxious, loveable little nerds. I can say that cause I'm their big sis :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, that face!! She could just get away with murder!

MiMaw said...

tammara: She usually does! The only thing she 'murders' is her stuffed animals.

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you present.

It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material.
Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to
my Google account.

Check out my web-site; fast weightloss